Monday, February 18, 2008

the title

I almost forgot to add, I made an allusion to it in my first entry but then totally skipped out. Either way, the title of this blog ...around the world. Why "...around the world?" Because I was listening to Daft Punk's Around the World when I made this log. Here is a link to a cool video of theres. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBmXEO3yUU

In a rather odd news story, I stumbled upon this evening. Lindsay Lohan did a photo shoot for New York magazine with the guy who last shot Marilyn Monroe before she died of her overdose. Now I'll admit I really don't follow hollywood gossip at all and in fact dislike plenty enough but this was interesting for a number of reasons.

Lindsay Lohan has had a lot of drug problems lately.
Marilyn Monroe was in a similar stage and then died of an overdose a month later.
Same photographer(holy crap is he 80?) and an almost identical shoot.


But in short yea, I hope this isn't some eerie foreshadowing. link to the article here. http://media.nymag.com/fashion/08/spring/44247/

In short, today was a fun day. I had a really fun run by myself through the streets of Westerville. Also Class was inticing and educational.

so horray for that.

I am sad because tomorrow is my co-worker Stefanie's last day. My boss Rachel just left last week and both of them were really good people to know. At least I know they are moving on to bigger and better things, Stefanie has an internship at Columbia University and is moving to NYC and Rachel went on to be the manager of Worthington Public Library (#1 in the U.S. in its category of 2007). Them moving on has really made me decide I want to try for bigger and better things in my budding library career. I've been on the eye for the next job category up for me in the CML system. I could do the same thing in other systems but none will pay nearly as well as CML. And as they say "gotta pay dem bills son."

To end this article, I am posting a picture of me running at my most recent track meet (this past saturday). It's pretty neat. Props to Matt Dixon's girlfriend Shayla for being photographer.

No comments: