Monday, February 18, 2008

another dollar, another day

Well, it's the beginning of a new week. Monday of Week 7 in the academic quarter at Otterbein and President's day on the national scale. President's Day means I have school, but I don't have to work. Makes a lot of sense right? I guess I should recap last night a bit. I was having a mental breakdown about a paper I have due for a class tonight because I didn't really know what to write about. Well, of course I got started this morning and am flying right through it. Funny how that works. Other than that didn't do a whole lot.

I've been listening to some Daft Punk lately, that's new.

I wish I had more free time to read.

Ok, so let's talk running really quick. I went out for the track team in 4th grade at my school because some friends were doing it. I started running decent in 6th grade and then began taking it somewhat seriously in 7th grade. Low and behold, 6 years later it is now well engrained within my daily routine. In fact, in the past 3 months now I've only had about 3 or 4 days not running. Such is the life. I run both track and cross country at Otterbein which is most of the time exciting. Although with as busy as I am, I sometimes wish I could just run whenever I was free in the day. Instead I pretty much have to structure my day around practice aka when I run 7 days a week. I suppose the accountability is important. And I don't really have too many friends outside of the team. Although I still attribute that mostly to the fact I don't live up on campus like everyone else. I typically run between 60-70 miles a week which honestly in most weeks anymore feels pretty easy to me. I'll be running closer to 100 within the next few years. I find it rather humerous when people tell me "wow, you run that much." For me, it's never about that. Especially since I know there are tons of people running more than that. It's all about perspective.

Well, I guess I don't have a whole lot else to say right now. Back to my paper!!

No comments: